Wednesday, December 17, 2008

What does Christmas mean to you?

Too often during the hustle and bustle of the holiday season we forget the purpose of the holiday. We ask: "What does Christmas mean to you?" Here's what kids have had to say.

"Christmas means laughing and spending time with your family and friends but most important of all is celebrating the birth of Christ."....Jen (19) New York

"Christmas to me means spending time with those you love and who love you. It's not about presents as a lot of kids think. It's about enjoying the time you have on this Earth. But most importantly it's about forgetting those bad feelings you might have about someone and celebrating the birth of Christ, Jesus, with the world no matter who you are.".....Ella (11) Queensland, Australia

"Christmas to me: Is time that I'm able to spend with family and friends catching up on times that we weren't able to have. And since I live in Japan it doesn't mean as much any more because I'm not able to be with the rest of my family.....but I still love it, not just for getting presents but still being able to be with what family I have."...Brooke (13) Japan

"I pray a lot during the Christmas season, giving my thanks to the Lord. I have 3 children, so at the same time, I must teach them the true meaning of Christmas which is the birth of Jesus. It also means we as a family decorate the inside of the house, we put up a tree, and decorate outside. My children really love this. I also love to give gifts and I enjoy giving to people. Of course spending time with my family is also important. Its exciting!!"....Angie USA

"A Joyful time."...Anna, (15) Devon

"I think Christmas is the greatest...and it means spending time with our most dear."....Adrian (17) Romania

"To me Christmas means a day with laughter fun and not having to worry about problems and about remember Jesus Christ!!!....Elaine, (16) Florida

"What does Christmas mean to me is, our whole family and friends and the whole world about God to tell us to everything that's right."....Tanaya, (12) Arizona

"Jesus' birth not anything more."....Maria, (13) California

"Christmas means spending time with your family and love ones. It also means celebrating the birth of our lord and Savior JESUS CHRIST."....Chris, (15) Florida

"Christmas mean to me is a time for fun and games. a time for family to be happy. A time to thanks god and everyone who make this day come true."....Joshua, (14) South Carolina

"To me Christmas means having fun, eating, drinking eggnog also it is about celebrating the birthday of Jesus."....Jeremy, (13) New York

"Christmas is all about spending time with family and forgiving and for believing in Santa Claus and don't forget it's Jesus' birthday."....Madison, (5) Alberta

"Christmas means to me spending time with family that you haven't seen in a long time and holidays.".....Bianca (13) Australia

"Christmas to me means when you think of people that love you and the people who are loved by you, not just all the presents and the decorations. It's all about giving and recieving and spending time with your loved ones."....Sissy, (15) UK

"Hello everyone may God bless each everyone of you all. Christmas is such a wonderful Holiday,but actually Christmas day is Jesus Christ birthday our Lord.This day doesn't mean go give gifts, but to realize that this is the day God sent his only son so that we might have salvation.This is what it's supose to mean, but we as people made it seem like a day to give gifts and talk aboutSantaa, when we really should be telling the children the true meaning of this day. Everything else is good the gifts and everything, but it's good to remember the true meaning of Christmas. May everyone have a blessed Christmas "rejoice on this day" ....Carmen (19) USA

"Christmas is to me a day to gather together with friends and family and celebrate the day Christ was born. Also a day to put people before you."....Cassie (14) Florida

"It means celebrating baby Christs birth and having happy and joyful moments with the people who love and care for you."....Ashley (13) NSW

"Many people think that sending a present once a year is Christmas. In my eyes Christmas is the birth of Jesus. Every year, first thing in the morning my mother has my brother and I say "Happy Birthday Jesus", and my mother has us children watch The Birth Of Jesus Movie. Christmas is also to be with family- caring, sharing and loving and just being happy and being together. But one needs to carry that out all year through. Love, sharing, caring, keeping in touch with loved ones all year through. I believe it is Jesus's way to keep the spark lighting with Love, Joy, Peace, happiness, and Hope."....Tiffani (10) Arizona

"For me Christmas means to celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and it's a time to thank the Lord For What he has done for us in this earth and that he was born in Bethlehem. And it's also time to forget all worries and the hatred that you have against people.. That's all....... may God bless you all."....Kristina (18) Philippines

No comments: