Sunday, December 21, 2008

What does Christmas mean to you?

Too often during the hustle and bustle of the holiday season we forget the purpose of the holiday. We ask: "What does Christmas mean to you?" Here's what kids have had to say.

"To celebrate Jesus and his birthday Christmas is not about the presents it is to worship your creator.Your real father."....Mi'Kayla (10) VA

"Being with your family and appreciating the good health and love you have.".....Liam (11) NY

"It's a time for family and friends to be together."....Alisha, WV

"For me, Christmas is not only about eating and exchanging gifts. It's about being reborn again and purifying oneself. Some of us might not be pure inside and would like to enjoy Christmas just by exchanging gifts and enjoying just because it's Christmas time. Growing up as a Catholic, I have learned to purify my heart before celebrating any holiday such as Christmas and Easter, so, I think people should put some emphasis on how they celebrate Christmas. Christ was born with a pure heart and humbled himself by laying in a manger and I think we have to follow his example and not just pretend to make it look like we really understood the message. Poor or rich it doesn't matter, what matters is what comes from within.".....Han CA

"Christmas is the time where everyone gets together and remembers the birth of Jesus Christ, the Savior of the world. He is the Reason for the Season!"....John (14) Iowa

"What Christmas means to me is getting up out of bed and waiting impatiently to open up my gifts.Also to spend time with my family.But the real reason is to celebrate Jesus's birthday.That's the real reason.Remember Jesus is the reason for the season."....Tekeisha (13) Florida

"What does Christmas mean to mean to me? Well I used to think it was all about presents but now that I have gotten older I know that is not, it means spending time with people that you love and that love you back. It means waking up and enjoying a good meal with your family and loved ones like friends. That's what Christmas means to me."....Carrie (18) Illinois

"Christmas means to spend a lot of time with your family and friends. Christmas also means giving not recieving."....Cheyenne (11) Arkansas

"Christmas is a time to focus on the birth of Jesus Christ and the sacrifices he made for us on earth."....Marsha Florida

"To me Christmas means to have fun. Begin with your family and to share gifts with each other. Also to be with your friends around where you live."....Georgianna (13) Boston

"Christmas to me is love and friendship. Christmas is a day to be spending with friends and family.Christmas is a special day because Jesus was born on Christmas. Christmas is sharing giving and happiness all around."....Evelyn (12) Washington DC

"Christmas means having fun and spending time with your family and friends. But most of all it is to celebrate the birth of Jesus."....Avery (10) Georgia

"It's all about Jesus's birth. He is the reason for this season. He is our savior and we celebrate his birthday on Christmas. He is 2,005 years old. Time started when he was born. That's what Ii think Christmas is all about."....Kelsey (10) GA

"Christmas means time with your family and friends and to give to people that can't!!!"...Zoe (13) GA

" I'm an ordinary teenager and just being real. Christmas is shopping and buying new clothes and shoes. "....Whittier (17) California

"Christmas is to celebrate the birth of Jesus!!! "....Pamela (17) Michigan

"Christmas means to me, spending time with people you love and I am doing a project and I am glad and surprised that so many people belive in Christ and think that is the meaning. Well I do too.".....Krista (12) Ontario

"It means to me that a Savior was born to die on the cross for us so that all our sins may be forgiven.".....Michelle, Florida

"In the past our family has always gave gifts and this was nice but as I've gotten older I look back and think of how much time we have wasted on giving gifts. If you think about it, giving gifts is a substitute for talking to one another, learning about that family member you don't see during the year except at Christmas. Giving gifts should be something from the heart; like making something. It shouldn't be about worrying what to buy that uncle or cousin who has everything. If you're family is like ours; we've gone to buying gift cards. That's so silly. If I give you a gift card and in return you've given me one....what's the point? Why can't Christmas be about the birth of our Lord. What's wrong with reading the story in the bible, sing Christmas songs and just spend time together?".....Ginny, USA

"Christmas means to me spending time with my family and celebrating baby Christ.".....Cassandra (14) Massachusetts

No comments: