Friday, December 19, 2008

What does Christmas mean to you?

Too often during the hustle and bustle of the holiday season we forget the purpose of the holiday. We ask: "What does Christmas mean to you?"
Here's what kids have had to say.


"To me Christmas means that you spend time with your family. Also to share presents with each other. And learn more about each other."....Lyryk (10) Indiana

"I like Christmas because I get to be with my family. I like to see my family laugh and talk to each other. The best part about Christmas is when someones birthday in your family is on Christmas. I like the part when you get to open up the presents.".....Chardonney (10) Indiana

"To me Christmas means to spend time with your family and celebrate the birth of Christ and make the world a better place. GOD BLESS US ALL WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND MAKE SURE CHRISTMAS IS THE BEST CHRISTMAS EVER IN YOUR NAME I PRAY AMEN."....Jasmine (10) Indiana

"Christmas means spending time with family and friends and people you care about and the fun stuff you can do with them. And the fun thing like putting up lights and buying and wrapping presents and getting presents.But the best thing to do is spend time with your family and friends and people that you care about that is the best thing to do on Christmas eve or day.".....Chloe (10) Indiana

"Christmas means to me is giving gifts and eating Christmas dinner. Getting Christmas gifts is fun because you get gifts you want.".....Jada (12) USA

"It is a holiday. It is fun, and for giving. It is mostly because of Jesus's birth!!".....Skye (9) Indiana

"It means like a celebration to everyone and it's a fun Christmas because you get toys and they will give you the toys that you always wanted."......Zhane (8) Indiana

"Christmas is fun because you have cool toys.".....Noah (7) Indiana

"Christmas means, spending time with your family and friends and it also mean celebrating Gods birthday."....Ariel (7) Indiana

"I love Christmas because you get presents".....Deja (9) Indiana

"To me Christmas means fun... being reunited with family you have not seen for a long time. Giving and receiving presents. A joyful time and a time where you put up decorations. It is a time where you are excited and impatient...".....Anon (14) England

"Christmas is a time when families get together and give each other presents also remember that it is Jesus birthday.".....DaQuarius (13) Georgia

"Christmas to me is about giving and sharing with your friends and family this is a poem I wrote one year ago: Christmas is about giving, sharing, loving and caring. It's about who you are not what you get share with family or who you just met. That's the end I used to think it was to celebrate the birth of Christ until today in R.E., I found out not only did they not have calenders but he was NOT born on the 25 December or in the year 0 he was born May, June, July or September and in the year 4.".....Jessica (14) Cornwall

"Christmas to me is about counting the number of family members you have instead of counting the number of gifts you have under the tree. Christmas is about giving, not receiving. It's about family, not gifts. It's about love , not greed. It's also about showing appreciation for what you have instead of lusting after the things you want. Most importantly, Christmas is about celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ."....Kwadwo (13) New Jersey, USA

"Dear Jesus...I'm writing this to you because I celebrate YOUR birth every Christmas and I want to thank you for everything you have given and done for not just me but all of your people. God sent you so people could come closer to you and come to realize that life would be so much harder without prayer and believers sitting with you telling you to say with it because Jesus would never give you a challenge he thought you couldn't handle. I love you and I'm so thankful that you are alwasy with me, even if I mess up...you are the one I go to and pray and right then it gets easier...amazing is what you are. I just want everybody to realize that Christmas is Christmas for a reason and that reason is God sent Jesus and Jesus suffered for us and we need to follow Jesus becuase we have to make the choice to go to heaven becuase right now we are watching the boat but walking closer and closer to it and we just have to get in and stay on the path to the boat which we call heaven. So this Christmas ...stop and think about everything you bought and all the money you spent and all the people you bumped pass without saying excuse me because you just wanted to be done shopping....just think you could have made that a much better situation but you chose not to and how does that make you feel?? God made everything a better situation..now go sit down cuddle with your family and watch a great Christmas movie and thank God that you have a family to do that with because some don't and no one should be alone on Christmas....!! {LIVE LIFE TO LIVE ALWAYS} I love you Jesus and thank you so much!!".....Jordan (15) USA

"Christmas means spending time with the people you love like your friends. You can exchange gifts and tell each other much you love each other.".....Kryzzie (13) Indiana

"To me Christmas means a time to give, share, and enjoy your family's company. Christmas is a time to be kind to others. A time to reach out to people who need your help. Even though you should reach out to everyone all the time Christmas is a good time because most of the time it's cold and no one should be out in the cold when others are warm in a house. You need to enjoy everyone's company even if its your annoying sibling or relitive because no one once to be alone on Christmas. That's what Christmas means to me.".....Kristen (13) Indiana

No comments: