Friday, December 19, 2008

What does Christmas mean to you?

Too often during the hustle and bustle of the holiday season we forget the purpose of the holiday. We ask: "What does Christmas mean to you?" Here's what kids have had to say.

"Christmas means celebrating Jesus Birthday. By giving things away, and sharing. It also means becoming one with your family and having a fun time. That's what Christmas means to me."....Jade (13) Indiana

"Christmas to me is when families come together and open presents and all that other stuff. Also, Christmas is giving and recieving gifts, and to me that is really what Christmas is. This is Christmas to me."....Ryan (14) Indiana

"Christmas mean the birth of Jesus Christ.".....Cutis (14) USA

"Christmas to me is spending time with your family and enjoying their company. Christmas also means giving and receiving. I love giving gifts, but I like receiving them even more. Christmas is also they day Jesus was born. My family is heavily in church so I may be at church for Christmas or Christmas Eve."....Amber (14) Indiana

"Christmas to me does not mean presents or any possessional item, to me it means the birth of the son of my God, Jesus. My family is Christian and we do not believe in giving other people presents. We believe that Jesus was born to die for our sins and Christmas is the time where we celebrate his birth. We all get together, eat, and pray that God sent his son to die, to save us from Hell. We also pray for living for another Christmas and for all we have.".....Cristine (13) Indiana

"To me Christmas means a lot of things. First and foremost it means spending time with friends and family. Every Christmas there is love in the air. It's also about giving. Most people give presents to friends and family. Christmas brings people closer together."....Jasmyn (14) USA

" I believe in Jahovah God and Jesus Christ but Christmas doesn't mean anything to me. The Bible says that when baby Jesus was born, the shepards were tending to their flock in the feilds. Back in that day there was no global warming & no 50 degree weather in the middle of December. Jesus was really born between August and October, not on December 25. As well as the tree, that is not Christian, it is a Peogan tradition. No offense to anyone that believes something different, this is just what I have been taught to believe and these are my views. God bless."....Lindsey (14) Indiana

"What does Christmas mean to me? Christmas means one day of a month a family gets together and exchanges Christmas presents and joy. It is also a time to drink eggnog. Also for little kids who believe in him it’s a time to WRITE LETTER TELING WHAT THEY WANT FOR CHRISTAMS TO SANTA AND tries to stay up and be on their best behavior and see Santa COME DOWN THE CHIMNEY AND PUT PRESANTS UNDER THEIR TREE. LASTLY BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY THE MONTH WE CELEBRATE OUT LORD AND MASTER JESUS CHRIST."....Scott (14) Indiana

"Christmas to me,is Jesus' Birthday. We celebrate it by giving and recieving gifts because Jesus recieved gifts on that day.".....Donovan (14) USA

"To me Christmas is a time to be happy, and to celebrate Jesus being born and not getting but giving.".....Hazel (14) United States

"Christmas means to me a time to spend with your family, open lots of presents and to enjoy great food at your ancestors house. Most of it means celebrating the birth of our lord and savior JESUS CHRIST."....Mike (17) NC

"Christmas is a time of year to share with your family and friends. It is also a time to have fun."....ma-ma (17) CT

"Christmas means celebrating the day of Gods birth and his birthday."......Victoria (9) Texas

"I think the spirit of Christmas means you thank heavenly Father what he did for us, it's not only opening gifts and having partys but he died for our sins. We must share the thing we have with others and I believe heavenly Father died for us and some of my friends don't understand the true meaning of Christmas so I teach them and they understand what I mean and we always have to ponder and pray."....Chandelia (13) St. Marten

"Christmas is an annual holiday that celebrates the birth of Jesus. Christmas festivities often combine the commemoration of Jesus' birth with various secular customs, many of which have been influenced by earlier winter festivals."".....Ja'Questa (15) AL

"Christmas is the season to enjoy and have lots of fun. It is also the birth of Jesus. In the busy life of ours we often forget our Saviour, but during this festive occassion you can always come back to God and Thank him, glorify him and of course be born again. After all, Jesus is da reason for the season. Jesus lives. God bless you all.".....Gracelin (14) India

"Christmas means a time of giving, a time for friends and family to share. It's not about receiving gifts it's about giving. Christmas is about celebrating the life of Jesus. In other words Christmas is about family friends and loved ones. It is all about giving not receiving.".....Renae (18) Jamaica

"Christmas to me is about Jesus Christ. It is the time of year that we celebrate his birthday. He died for us, so now we should live for him on his birthday. Everybody thinks that it is mainly about family, but without Jesus we would have no family! Merry Christmas To all."....John (13) New York

"Hi, Christmas means a lot to a lot of people. Be nice and care for each other.".....Daniella (15) Queensland

"Christmas is not all about getting gifts. It's about celebrating Jesus Christ birthday. Christmas is also about getting together with family and having fun. This is what Chrismas means to me."...... Jai' (13) WV

"Eating a good dinner with family and friends.".....Chand (14) Texas

"What does Christmas mean to you? It is to have fun with family and freands.".....Dakota (15) Oklahoma

"To me Christmas means a whole lot to me, presents and toys and all kinds of goodies! But most of all Christmas means to me spending time with your family and friends but most importantly Jesus's birthday!"....Cori (10) Colorado.

About 2000 years ago, God sent his son for YOU ! He died for YOU on a cross, for YOUR sins. "For God so love this world, that he sent his so beloved son to save the world through him." (John 3.16) Christmas is (also) the time for you to accept Jesus on your own life. He's comming back soon : please confess your sins to him before it's too late ! Christmas is the time to spread the new: He's not dead for he's risen! Read the Bible and know more about his LOVE! ......Serge (23) Switzerland

"To me Christmas means about Jesus is born. It also reminds me that you get gifts. It's a time to celebrate with your family, friends,and neighbors. It's a time to get gifts and on CHRISTMAS you get to open your gifts."......Tyra (14) CA

No comments: